All Freebies will be available for one week only.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Slacker…or not

Okay I’m really not a slacker.  I’ve been running on low energy for several weeks now and lost my mojo on top of that.  I think I found a little of my mojo this weekend though and I have a few layouts to share.

Scraps of Ellay and Scrappy Cocoa have teamed up and have a collab called Wild Wild West.  Here is a layout I did with just Ellay’s portion of the kit.

IK_WWW

SOE_WWW_fullpreview

There’s a new designer @ ESS and I am really excited to be part of her debut!  Starry Eyed Designs is now open and she has a charity kit for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society called Hope, Faith, Strength.  This is a cause near to my heart.  My Dad passed away in 2004 after a 3 year battle with a rare form of leukemia that has no cure still today.  He passed away just one week before our son was born.  When Amy created this kit I knew I wanted to create a layout in tribute of my Dad.

IKHFS

This has to be one of my favorite photos of my Dad and our oldest daughter when she was about 20 months old.  He adored her and I know if he were alive today all 3 of my children would be spoiled beyond belief.  His love for his family surpassed everything except for his love of God and what God asked of him. 

Folder600

Then there is this layout I did using SuzyQ Scraps template kit called Pic Attack Vol. 1.  I resisted at first because multiple photo layouts intimidate me.  But we took a family trip and I got tons of photos that were screaming “Do something with me already!”  Perfect venue for scrapping lots of photos at one time.

IKPAsept09

picattacktemplates1_pvw

What kit did I use?  Oh, a bit of this one and that one from SuzyQ Scraps.  A lot came from various pieces of Life’s Journey.  If you really want to know find my gallery @ Polka Dot Plum (easy, it’s IvoryKeys) or DSA.  The links are all there for you to click on and explore.

That’s all for tonight.  I really am getting out of this slump I’ve been in.  I think it’s about time for a blog redesign too.  Gotta give that some thought.  Something elegant or something cheerful?  Not really sure at the moment.

Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. You have an award on my blog! :D
    http://everyeveraftermoment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan...hang in there! I so well know the feeling of having that mojo desert you. It will be back, I know! Been there!

    ReplyDelete

What would you like to say?