All Freebies will be available for one week only.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Monday

I definitely appreciated having today off.  I didn’t get as much accomplished as I had intended but that’s okay.

I have been playing with a lot of new kits by the designer’s I CT for.  Let me tell you there are some beautiful kits coming your way in the near future.  I’m thoroughly blown away by the diversity of the kits.  Each one drawing you to a special layout (or more) that you want to create.  Sometimes it’s just the creative release and others….it’s all about the memories that down the road of time will tug at your family’s heartstrings.

Ready…..set…go….

Lizz Gasaway has a cute kit that’s got a bit of Love and denim in it called Darling Denim  at her MissBeeHaven store.

I got two special layouts done with this one.  The first was of this cute picture I got of Rachel one day at the park.  I was just snapping random “in the moment” photos (which happen to be my favorite) and saw her going towards this little boy.  OMgoodness it was too cute!  I’m so glad I got this photo of that sweet innocence -  blackmail for those teen years.

IK_DD1

Then I wanted to document the day she got her big girl bed.  I get the greatest expressions from her and Nate.  I swear they are camera hogs.  On this layout I also used one of BTA Design’s Simple Templates 1 (Journey 365).  Scrapping multiple photos intimidates me, I think I’ve said that before, but with these templates the ideas seemed to pour out and the process was painless (relatively).

IKDD2

Here’s another layout using a different template from that set were I was capturing Jan – June of 2009 for Nate.

IK_ST1#1

I used a bunch of things from SuzyQ Scraps for that layout.  Part of her Journey 365 Jumbo, Date Me: Rainbow (date labels), Cardstock Stash all that can be found at her Scrap Orchard Store. 

DaniMoy Designs opened up her new store at Scrapbook-Bytes this weekend and already has a lot of lovely kits in there.  There is a new one called Brrr that I just love!  These photos were from our Christmas Day right before present time.  I was thrilled to get a  good photo (several actually) of all 3 kids.  That doesn’t happen very often in one sitting.

IK_Brr

That layout went together easy peasy with the help of a template by Scraps of Ellay from her Dress Me Up Template set.

That leaves me with A+ Designs.  Well, I’ve taken the lead CT role for her and have been a little busy organizing things so I can keep up with all the gorgeous kits she has out.  Not to say I haven’t scrapped with them myself just some of them are still having to stay under wraps.  I do have this one though that I did with her new Full of Grace collection available at her Scrapbook-Bytes Store as well as one of her templates from the Templistic: Bells Will Be Ringing set.IK_FOG

Wonder if I’ll manage to get that much done this next week?  No probably not but I sure had a blast this week.   What story will you scrap next?  Will it be through pictures, journaling, or both?  I tend to do more with photos but I’m working on the journaling aspect.  That’s one of my scrapping goals for this year – improve my journaling.

Catch you around next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to say?