All Freebies will be available for one week only.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Monday

As some of you read this I’ll be back at work with a bunch of new students walking through my door.  I am finally at the point where I’m excited about starting a new year.  When I wasn’t feeling that way a week ago I was worried.   I think it was the combination of knowing I’m going to miss spending a lot of time with my own children, knowing I’m going to miss chatting as often with several scrapping friends (live for the weekend right?), and still recovering from a tough year last year.  But on Thursday night it hit me full force.  All it took was seeing a few of my returning 2nd graders who all ran up and gave me a big hug while their parents looked on (some with a confused look as to say “Who is this woman my child is hugging?”) and then hearing the kids turn and say “This is my music teacher!” 

Their excitement must have been contagious because even though it was a 13 hour day I went home with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.  Tomorrow I get to start meeting all my new 1st grade kiddos and relearn all my 2nd graders names.  704 at last count, but this year is going to be a good year.  Now will one of you remind me of that when I post tomorrow night about crying through the first hour or so of my day because I had to walk my little boy to his Kindergarten class and LEAVE him?  Where did time go?

Now on to the scrapping part of this post…you knew there was suppose to be that right?  Scraps of Ellay has a new kit going straight to her store today called Guinevere’s Beauty.  I had a great time working with this kit and I think you will too.

fullpreview

IK_GB

I have some other layouts to share a  little later in the week.  This week will still be kind of on the slow side because we’re all trying to settle into our school routine but don’t give up on me.  I’ve been working on something really cool and it’ll be coming your way pretty soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Susan!! Hope you have a awesome first week of school!!

    ReplyDelete

What would you like to say?